We're hiring! :)
(Please read through the end before applying - Thanks!)
Part-time/seasonal position for a friendly person who likes nature and science, has a good memory, and likes talking to all kinds of people. The Wishing Stone is a family-run business and a comfortable, unique work environment. We’re looking for someone attentive and kind, who can remain calm during high traffic times. Previous knowledge about minerals preferred, but not required.
16 hours per week
- Must be 18 or over.
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must have at least 6 months of retail or grocery experience.
- Must be available to work weekends and holidays.
- Must be comfortable standing for most of an 8-hour shift, squatting or bending to reach into cases, and lifting up to 30 lb.
- Greet and approach customers in a friendly manner, unprompted.
- Communicate clearly with your coworkers and managers.
- Learn the names of minerals and locate items in the shop.
- Provide thorough and thoughtful customer service.
- Help customers select jewelry by explaining its beauty and value.
- Remember and correctly spell the names of untagged bin items.
- Perform register transactions efficiently and accurately.
- Package and gift-wrap fragile and/or heavy items.
- Maintain a clean store with neat displays.
To apply: Please introduce yourself and send your resume and at least two professional references to [email protected]